The Board of TAFISA Directors, which was held in Tokyo, the main issues of the Ist TAFISA Martial Arts Festival in Ulyanovsk was discussed. The meeting was attended by the Chairman of the festival organizing committee – Chairman of the Government of the Ulyanovsk Region, Alexander Smekalin.
The most important points of the discussion:
– The name of the headliners – sports stars, who will take part in the festival, will be determined in July. Already compiled a short list of VIPs with whom negotiations are underway.
– Ulyanovsk presented the equipment models of all participants categories of the festival (organizers, volunteers, athletes): T-shirts, caps, jackets.
– There was approved the directors who will set the opening ceremony. It will be held on September 14th in the Volga-Sport-Arena ice palace. The main idea of the grand presentation is to unite, through sport, efforts for the sake of peace and tranquility.
– There were selected all sports objects where the main events of the martial arts festival TAFISA will be held. They are located in Ulyanovsk, Dimitrovgrad and Baryshsky district. A detailed program is currently under development.
– In July, TAFISA Secretary General Wolfgang Bauman will arrive in Ulyanovsk on an inspection visit.
– TAFISA President Joo-Ho Chang confirmed that he will come to the festival together with the Korean team, which will hold demonstrations and master classes in taekwondo.
– During the festival will be a business program. It is being prepared jointly with TAFISA representatives ; international speakers are expected to arrive. In Ulyanovsk, for the first time in Russia, a meeting of the Board of Directors of the International Association of Sport for All is scheduled.
– At the Board of Directors, TAFISA representatives presented the magazine, which features the festival in Ulyanovsk.